The OUCKC is excited to announce the first ever Virtual OKU – 5K!
In an effort to mitigate some of the losses to club funds and scholarships due to COVID-19, as well as do something fun for everyone to participate in we will be hosting the first ever “Virtual OKU-5K”!
The best part – ALL proceeds from the race will go to the Club or Society of the registrants choice! Basically, the more of OUr OUCKC Members sign up and designate OUCKC, the more money OUr Club will receive. Please take to social media, call/text/email friends and supporters of OUCKC to get them to participate. There will also be a prize for the club with the most registrants!
Also, for each group who has 5 registrants sign up before July 3 will have their club/society listed on the official OKU-5K t-shirt (pictured below).
Registration Page: http://www.soonerconnect.com/5K
*Don’t forget to select OU Club of Kansas City when you register!*
Participation – $20 per person
Participation with T-Shirt – $35 per person
*All money raised (minus cost of shirt and shipping) will benefit the club of your choice.
What is a virtual race?
A virtual race is a race that can be ran at any location. You can walk, use the treadmill, run outside or any other option to complete the 5K distance.
To join the virtual race, follow these simple steps:
1. Register above. Your $20 participation gift supports the club of your choice ($35 includes official race t-shirt)
2. Download the Strava app. In your email confirmation will be a link to the OKU5K Club on Strava.
3. Have Fun! Sync Strava with your GPS device (iPhone, Android, watch, Fitbit, etc) to track your run/walk.
4. Sport your crimson and cream
5. Print your OKU5K race bib
6. Complete your 5K!
7. Upload pictures to social media with the #oku5k (don’t forget to make your post public so we can see it!) or email them to us at email@example.com.The OU Alumni 5K is going virtual! Show your school pride and walk or run in the 5K from wherever you live!
The OKU-5K will take place starting on July 5th, 2020. Runners can compete any time between July 5th – July 12th.
Runners can connect with other OU Alumni and friends across the country by sharing their race on social media with the hashtag #OKU5K and tagging the OU Alumni Association at @SoonerAlumni!